About Me

My photo
Mumbai, India
A writer, educator,YouTuber, public speaker, blogger, dreamer, thinker, and an eternal optimist. I would describe myself as a flawed fantasy, a resilient hope that springs eternally against all odds :)
About "Sane and Single"


Embarking on a journey, begins with looking within. Here's an attempt to unlock the mysteries of my mind and probe the labyrinths of my thoughts to unveil a self to me... For knowing oneself is the key to understanding and exploring this quixotic, chaotic and enigmatic world. To quote, Alexander Pope, "A proper study of mankind is man".
A dreamer, thinker, writer and an eternal optimist, I would describe myself as a resilient hope that springs eternally against all odds :)
Besides writing, my interests extend to photography and public speaking. Here is the link to my Tedx Talk entitled:"Waxing Eloquent not on the Wane" 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI4waoDX9Zk&t=1s
Through this blog, Sane and Single, dedicated to my mom, my biggest fan and my biggest critic, my journey to unraveling my self and the world thus begins...

Two years after launching Sane and Single, again to commemorate my Mom's Birthday, I published Meandering Expressions, dedicated to her, my forever inspiration and role model. 

Meandering Expressions is a unique volume of verses, an eclectic compilation in its form, content and in the use of language. It reflects the inherent plural experience that constitutes our life and living. ME chronicles the many hues of my intricate emotions through the years as a teenager to the present days of the pandemic. It encompasses poems in English to my verses penned in Hindi/ Urdu, that I have also translated into English. It also contains the topical, yet short section entitled, Twitter Verses, that includes my shorter poems that pique and probe these facets of life and living in our modern times. I am sure that reading these verses will resonate with you and your life events too.

https://www.amazon.com/Meandering-Expressions-Asha-G-Kumar-ebook/dp/B08L6MFSTQ/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr= (ebook) 

A verse for all moods, occasions and myriad emotions... get your copy now!


My debut novel alongside the potency of love, explores the ‘limits’ to women’s freedom and debunks several stereotypes associated with modern Indian women and their passion. Published by Booklocker, It Must've Been Love, but... it will soon be out! Set in India, it is a candid contemplation into the caprices of human mind and emotions.



Asha G Kumar

No comments:

Post a Comment

When Love Sticks Around

Review of Danielle Dayney’s memoir,   When Love Sticks Around Rating: 5* Published: 15 November 2021 Pages 156 Publisher: Bell Isle Books...