About Me

My photo
Mumbai, India
A writer, educator,YouTuber, public speaker, blogger, dreamer, thinker, and an eternal optimist. I would describe myself as a flawed fantasy, a resilient hope that springs eternally against all odds :)
Joe’s Pizza, Andheri Lokhandwala. Andheri (W), Mumbai 
Rated * (delivery review)

It is not for nothing they say that appearances can be deceptive! My midnight order from this Pizza joint, named after one of the popular character from FRIENDS, Joey, who fancies pizzas turned out to be a disappointing and deceptive experience. I ordered the Hawain veg pizza and checked carefully and specifically had asked for a thin crust. But, the restaurant apparently does not take note of what has been ordered nor do they I suppose, believe in quality for late night orders perhaps.

Well, that is the inference I can draw from the rather oily, too sugary sweet candied pineapple chunks and large pieces of uncooked paneer thrown over the pizza! In fact, even the juliennes of capsicum stuffed with this pan pizza, when I specifically chose the thin crust, was uncooked. Obviously you can infer what this must have tasted like. Not only was the pizza disappointing, even the packaging was sub standard. How difficult is it to place holders and place the pizza in the right sized cartons? I am guessing that is a tall order since the Pizza was scrunched up at the edges to fit into the box and the cheese alongwith the uncooked paneer stuck to the top of the box. So, the disappointment started the minute I opened the box!

Surely would not recommend this place and I doubt if I would ever order again from here. As they say, “once bitten twice shy…"



A G K 

No comments:

Post a Comment

When Love Sticks Around

Review of Danielle Dayney’s memoir,   When Love Sticks Around Rating: 5* Published: 15 November 2021 Pages 156 Publisher: Bell Isle Books...