About Me

My photo
Mumbai, India
A writer, educator,YouTuber, public speaker, blogger, dreamer, thinker, and an eternal optimist. I would describe myself as a flawed fantasy, a resilient hope that springs eternally against all odds :)

Just wait… it is only a wait

“Hmm… no, nothing 

It is alright, I have nothing to share 

Good morning, evening and am going to sleep now…” 

Lovely conversations that transpire between me and my lovely beloved now. 

Recipient of an eternal wait, my mate is mute 

On conversations intimate, unwilling to communicate

Commitment, date or incident that would resume our life. 

Sulking over a self-inflicted travesty, she berates me and my anxiety

Inspiring at times, engaging at other times, she shies away unwilling to communicate

Commitment, date or incident that would resume our life. 

Love like life is an oddity, quirks, frailties, fallacies and all

Trust, faith and laughs make it strong, if at all. 

If promises are meant to keep, they ought not to be broken

If words are meant to mean, they ought not to be shaken

If love is pure and constant, it ought not to be mistaken 

Smiles and laughter seek in return smiles and laughter too

Silences, snarls and shunning is treacherous and tormenting.

Expectation and wait cannot lapse into only a wait

Just wait is time bound and waited justly too. 

If my love for you is not a crime, wait unto death ought not to be the sentence. 

Refusing conversations intimate, a courageous fate, unwilling to communicate

Perennially my mate, subjects me to cold, telephonic goodnight yet another night. 

- A G K

13 November, 2020


From the Collection: Moods, Moorings and Memories


No comments:

Post a Comment

When Love Sticks Around

Review of Danielle Dayney’s memoir,   When Love Sticks Around Rating: 5* Published: 15 November 2021 Pages 156 Publisher: Bell Isle Books...